Monday, December 28, 2009

AR15 Loadout Update!

Well, it's been a while and the setup has changed a little bit.

Photobucket

I've added a Surefire G2 via a picatinny rail I had left over and a Daniel Defense Offset flashlight mount, put on a simple 2-point sling, placed the Redi-Mag back on, and bolted on a Magpul Battery Assist Device(BAD).

Surefire G2 on DD mount:
Photobucket

Redi-Mag and BAD:
Photobucket


I'm on the fence about keeping the Redi-Mag or not. It is a nice addition to the rifle and makes magazine changes much faster but the weight and and balance of the weapon is thrown off a bit. I think I'll use it if I get into competitive shooting but I think for range use, I'll stick with just using the BAD. I used the rifle with just the BAD, and while it's not a necessary addition to the AR I really like it a lot. I noticed my reloads are slightly smoother and I can get back up on target faster when using it rather than the usual bolt catch/release.

I also changed up my range gear a bit. I'm testing out an idea to use my vest to carry medical and admin gear while using the subload to carry ammunition:

Photobucket

I separated my medical gear based on immediate use and routine use. I will have to post about the kits later as I have used some sandwich bags to help retrieve only the supplies I want for a given situation.

As for what's next: A CMMG Inc. 22LR conversion kit and an EOTech 512 sight. The .22 kit is taking priority. It would be nice to shoot 1000 rounds without breaking the bank!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones